Welcome new and returning students!
Here are some QCC Office of Counseling and Wellness updates:
- The Office of Counseling and Wellness is open and available for in person services. We will also continue to conduct counseling sessions remotely if preferred, by video (telehealth). We are open during regular business hours of 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday.
- All students who are new to Counseling and Wellness can request an appointment by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your name and student ID to help us expedite your request.
- Staff/faculty are able to request student concern consultations via email and we will schedule an appointment time for a phone call. If there is an urgent concern, please call the office at 508-854-4479. Faculty who would like a team review of a student that is concerning them may send in a CARE team report:
- Students in need of support with housing, child care and other needs can access information via the Q here: https://theq.qcc.edu/ICS/Student_Services/Community_Resources.jnz
- Medication management is available to students in ongoing counseling here at QCC (on a limited basis) through our contracted provider Ally Integrated Healthcare. Referrals are to be discussed with your therapist.
- The Office of Counseling and Wellness will continue to offer our students a PEER support app via Togetherall. If you would like to talk to a peer is a safe environment (this is an international app that allows you to talk to students all over the globe!), please sign up here by using your current QCC email: register here
- There is a new crisis line for students experiencing a mental health emergency! If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org
- The Office of Counseling and Wellness and the Office of Health and Wellness are now offering the meditation app Calm to all students. Use this link to sign up: https://www.calm.com/b2b/qccstudents/sub If there are any issues with signing up, please email email@example.com
Have a wonderful start to your semester! Tina, Kristen and Jack